In baked gelato swirl illuminator beauty highlighter illuminator laura geller make up product review

Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator / Gilded Honey


 Hey guys!
Not gonna lie.. Have taken quite the break from blogging. For no one reason to be honest, life is busy as always, but I´ve sort of just taken a step back to reflect on things and live moments, not document them, as silly as that may sound. It´s my favourite time of year - Summer has just begun, flowers are everywhere, the weather is warmer (let´s just not mention the fact that I am freezing right now and it´s a proper thunderstorm outside my window) and the kiddos can play outside. But I am back with a brand new post on a product I have previously mentioned on my blog - the Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator. I recieved this in a Look Fantastic Beauty Box a few months back now and while I was very smitten by it even when I first recieved it, I had no idea exactly how much I would be reaching for this. Hint: I reach for this a lot and I´ve been using it almost daily.

I have the shade "Gilded Honey", which is just this gorgeous warm toned illuminator. It does have a bit of glitter in it, but nothing overwhelming, which is something that I love about it and it makes you glow to the moon.


 Here is a picture of me wearing it and NO, I did not have to cake it on for this look. All it took was one brush stroke and I´m glowing. Could it get any better? Well yes, by caking it on, because in my world, a thing such as too much highlight does not exist.  
 The wear time of this is quite good too, I recently wore this on a night out and I did my make up about 9-ish.. I stayed out partying (many drinks were included and I don´t know about you, but I always mess my look up while drinking) until about 5 am and when I got home, my highlight was still there. Clearly not perfect anymore, but it was there. This in my mind is already pretty impressive.

 The one thing I don´t really like about it, is the packaging. The product itself looks beautiful, like a gelato swirl (duh), but the plastic see-through lid puts me off a little bit. If I would see this in a store next to a better packaged item, I would automatically gravitate towards the other one. But it´s the inside that matters, right! 


Related Articles

4 comments:

  1. I got this for my birthday this year and without realising how pigmented it was, went a little Tin-Man for the night. It is amazing! I agree about the packaging though - it's a little budget brand in my eyes, especially when you consider the price of the product. Guess it's what's inside that counts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to order this and the new diamond one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen so many people say that this is one of their "holy grail" highlighters, but something about it just puts me off :( I never thought about it, but maybe it's the packaging like you mentioned. It just doesn't look as good as it should, if that makes sense. Great review post! PS Your makeup looked beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete