In hair update

Hair update!

 Everyone who knows me in real life, knows I love to experiment with my hair. I have had dreadlocks, I have been bald and I have had almost every single colour possible. But for the past almost 8 years, I´ve had black hair, which don´t get me wrong, I still love. Black is probably my all time favourite colour on me. But keeping up with it, was just exhausting.


 So I decided it was time for a change. And I went blonde. But since I was doing all of this at home, by myself, I had to be ginger first. Eeeeeek!


But in the end, I got my hair to look like this:


Which as you can see, is a pretty light blonde. But keeping up with this was exhausting as well. And my idea was never to be light blonde, I wanted a subtle balayage effect if you will, but I did not have the patience to attempt this at home. So again, I decided to change the colour overall and take a more natural approach.


 This is as close as I could get to my natural hair colour and this is the first time in my life, I actually like this brown colour on me. I always thought it didn´t suit me at all, but this time around, I am loving it! In a perfect world, I think I would like to add some lighter colour in there as well, but I guess time will tell if I ever get round to it.

 One of the main questions people always ask me is why don´t I just go to the hairdressers and truth is, I don´t really trust anyone else to do by hair, but me. I don´t know why. I guess since I love experimenting so much, I just always feel that if I pay a lot of money for something and end up hating the results, I would feel really bad. So I´d rather just damage my hair myself.
 The other question people always ask me is about damage. And I am here to tell you the honest, real answer - my hair feels like hay. But with coconut oil and conditioner, I am able to keep it under control for the most parts. But I would LOVE to hear your suggestions about knots. That is the one thing that drives me up the wall.

Are you someone who experiments? x

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment